The Voting app is where you can see all open and past votes. You can also use the Voting app to start a new vote and poll tokenholders in the organization about an issue that is important to you.
The “Open votes” section shows how many open votes there are and cards for each of the open votes, which show how much time is left in the vote, the number of the vote, a snippet of the issue being voted on, and the current status of the vote. You can click “view vote” to expand the card and either cast you vote if you have not voted yet or change your vote if you have already voted.
The “View vote” panel tells you more detailed information about the status of a vote, such as
- Time remaining: how much time is left until the vote closes, should no other votes cast cause the vote to automatically pass.
- Total support: what percent of the total token supply is needed to vote “yes” for the vote to be valid, and what percent of the total token supply has voted “yes” so far.
- The question being voted on.
- What entity created the vote.
- Current votes: what percent of voters are required to vote “yes” for the vote to pass, what percent of voters and how many tokens have voted “yes”, and what percent of voters and how many tokens have voted “no”.
- If you have not yet cast your vote, buttons for voting “yes” or “no”.
- If you have already voted, a button for changing your vote.
- How much voting power your vote will have based on your token balance at the beginning of the vote, along with a link to the block that the vote snapshot was taken from.
The “Past votes” section shows how many past votes there have been as well as cards for each of the past votes. Each card shows the date of the past vote, the number of the vote, a snippet of the issue being voted on, and the outcome of the vote.
Clicking on the “View vote” button will then show you more detailed information about the vote. See the previous section 3.3.1 for a detailed explanation of the information in the “View vote” panel.
If there is an important question you have that you want to poll tokenholders in the organization about, you can click the “New vote” button to start a new vote. These votes are purely informative and will not directly result in any further action being taken in the organization. After you have filled out the text field in the “New vote” panel with the question you want to ask, you can click “Begin vote” to complete the action and create a new vote if you have permission.